Welcome to Advertima. We combine machine learning, computer vision, and smart data to visually interpret human behavior in the physical world. More specifically, we detect people's physical appearance, their full-body motion and the situational context in real-time.
In short: We develop an AI-driven computer vision technology to enable organizations to better understand their customers and audiences and engage with them in the physical world. We are redefining the digital signage industry and are about to change it entirely with our cutting-edge smart targeting technology. Our solution is a complex system including IoT edge devices, real-time event streams, and backend systems that make smart, real-time decisions, based on AI input and advanced optimization algorithms.
Are you ready to join our mission and change the operating principle of an entire industry?
Join our team as (Senior) Software Engineer (Node.JS).
- You'll work on our core edge engine, a set of Node.JS applications running on a distributed network of devices handling high-throughput events emitted by our computer vision AI
- You will develop the platform that enables our products for Digital Signage and Autonomous Shopping (and more in the future) based on real-time image processing
- You will be responsible to drive the technology that serves a production system with internal and external consumers
- You will do architecture design & implementation on the edge applications
- You will build the technical SDK and interface for our core AI technology to facilitate diverse use cases
- You will be working with cutting edge concepts and technologies (NestJS, RxJS, Kafka, AWS, etc.), with room to improve core functionalities
- BSc/MSc degree in software engineering, computer science or a similar field
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- Websockets, communication protocols and APIs are part of your daily business
- Knowledge of web and streaming technologies as well as testing/QA patterns
- Experience with architectural design
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- A proactive person with a strong focus on quality and scalability
- You are a team player that can synergize and work independently at the same time
- You are comfortable with making technical decisions well fundamented and in a tight implementation timeline
- Fluency in English
Ideally, you also have...
- Experience managing streams of events in real-time (RxJs)
- You do functional programming in your sleep
- SDK or framework implementation knowhow
- Knowledge or interest in machine learning and computer vision technology
What we offer...
- An international, young and highly motivated team of start-up professionals
- A fast-paced, dynamic and innovative working environment
- The opportunity to strongly impact on the future of a fast growing startup
- A truly innovative product and a modern stack with machine learning and computer vision at its core, a mixture of an edge and cloud-based infrastructure, and big data analytics
- An organizational model that distributes power across peers
- A modern workplace in Berlin, Zurich, or St. Gallen
- Flexible vacation policy and working hours
- Self-development budget
- Monthly team brunch & dinner
- Free coffee, tea, and snacks
- Competitive compensation